Who am i?
My name's John, a cheery chappy born and raised in the heart of England. After studying design at Brunel University in London, I graduated with 1st class honors and ventured out to travel across the ocean and start my career in the US of A.
I'm currently working as a senior front-end web developer for an interactive agency in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which allows me to work with some big clients such as Bank of America, Hertz, Merrill Lynch and the like, but as you may have gathered from this site I also enjoy hiring myself out as a freelance web designer/developer, which gives me a chance to work with clients on a more personal level.
But why work with me?
Lots of reasons, but here's a few:
1) I produce high quality work I like to produce work that I can be proud of. Work which is beautiful on the inside as well as out. I'm not interested in churning out crap to make a quick buck, I'm interested in ensuring that my clients get the best possible value for their investment.
2) I'm a one-stop-shop. As I excel at both web design and development then I'm able to handle entire projects from start to finish, from conceptualization right through to the launch. This results in consistency in both design and implementation, and negates any potential miscommunication issues which can occur when working with multiple parties.
3) I'm pleasant to work with. I love having great working relationships with my clients. Producing great work is important, but so is being polite, honest, flexible and reliable. These four values are often overlooked but can make a tremendous difference to the outcome of a project. Let's face it, no one wants to work with someone who is abrupt, dishonest, unreliable and tries to nickle and dime you for everything. The process of creating a website is meant to be fun!
4) My rates are very competitive. When you work with a design company you end up paying for the project manager, the CEO, the guy who vacuums the carpet and any other overheads they incur, but when you work with a freelancer you work directly with the guy who does the actual work. When it comes to paying for anything you obviously want value for your money, and working with an independent freelancer such as myself is often the best way to do that.
5) I'm jolly good. Some people just hire me because they like the British accent, but most do it because I'm jolly good at what I do.